From: LiteStar numnums <litestar@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] An excerpt from Syllable's description
Date: Mon,  3 Aug 2009 21:29:14 -0400	[thread overview]

They also have REBOL as a scripting language...

It's an interesting project, forked from an interesting project (Atheos),
but Gospodin Floren is correct: they have exactly the same problems with
Syllable as 9fans have with Plan9, namely drivers & user expectations.

Haiku, ReactOS, Hurd, &c &c have these problems as well.

--
And in the "Only Prolog programmers will find this funny" department:

Q: How many Prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: No.
 -- Ovid

   "By cosmic rule, as day yields night, so winter summer, war peace, plenty
famine. All things change. Air penetrates the lump of myrrh, until the
joining bodies die and rise again in smoke called incense."

   "Men do not know how that which is drawn in different directions
harmonises with itself. The harmonious structure of the world depends upon
opposite tension like that of the bow and the lyre."

   "This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god
or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire,
kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures"
-- Heraclitus