* [9fans] Announcing rc-http 1.0
@ 2010-05-25 16:53 Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2010-05-25 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: werc9, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, dev

rc-httpd is a web server designed to run anywhere werc will, requiring
only rc, awk, sed, and ls from the Plan 9 toolset. At 388 lines of
code it's not tiny, but it is rather feature-complete. It will serve
CGI scripts (including werc), its own modules (rather more efficient
than CGI), static files, and automatically index directories across
multiple separately-configured virtual hosts. Configuration requires
writing rc script, but I think many people will still find it easier
than configuring Apache or many other servers.

Find it at http://eekee.is-a-geek.org/rc-httpd/

I hope this message isn't too much like spam. I wanted to get the news
of rc-httpd's existence 'out there', but won't be announcing future
releases on these lists unless encouraged otherwise. Mail me off-list
if you would like news of future updates.

--
Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it. -- Alan Perlis

* Re: [9fans] Announcing rc-http 1.0
@ 2010-05-25 17:20 ` Kris Maglione
From: Kris Maglione @ 2010-05-25 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 25 May 2010 17:53:29 +0100
Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> rc-httpd is a web server designed to run anywhere werc will,
> requiring only rc, awk, sed, and ls from the Plan 9 toolset. At 388
> lines of code it's not tiny, but it is rather feature-complete. It
> will serve CGI scripts (including werc), its own modules (rather more
> efficient than CGI), static files, and automatically index
> directories across multiple separately-configured virtual hosts.
> Configuration requires writing rc script, but I think many people
> will still find it easier than configuring Apache or many other
> servers.
>
> Find it at http://eekee.is-a-geek.org/rc-httpd/
>
> I hope this message isn't too much like spam. I wanted to get the
> news of rc-httpd's existence 'out there', but won't be announcing
> future releases on these lists unless encouraged otherwise. Mail me
> off-list if you would like news of future updates.

Of course you should announce future releases here, although I'd
suggest that you host it here as well.

--
Kris Maglione

When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when
it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it
so that its professors are obliged to call for help of the civil
power, 'tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.
	--Benjamin Franklin