* [9fans] p9f.org https times out
@ 2021-03-23 15:23 Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2021-03-23 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

https://p9f.org/ isn't responding; "The connection has timed out" according to Firefox. I've tried a few times in the last 15 minutes.

* Re: [9fans] p9f.org https times out
@ 2021-03-23 15:27 ` fulton
From: fulton @ 2021-03-23 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Quoth Ethan Gardener <eekee57@fastmail.fm>:
> https://p9f.org/ isn't responding; "The connection has timed out" according to Firefox. I've tried a few times in the last 15 minutes.
I have a mirror running here if you need it
; 9fs fulton.software
; cd /n/fulton.software/mirror/p9f

* Re: [9fans] p9f.org https times out
@ 2021-03-23 15:33   ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2021-03-23 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's been quite responsive over http; I think the main issue is that
people automatically write "https" in links these days and I'm not
sure p9f.org ever had HTTPS set up. I remember trying it weeks back
when Ron first announced it, wasn't able to connect with HTTPS back
then either.

john

@ 2021-03-23 16:04     ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2021-03-23 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Think of this as a test case of /dev/random on a limited resource
machine.  We’ll get more resources added in the near term.

There’s only so much Grave Robbers from Outer Space can do on
such short notice.

@ 2021-03-23 17:11     ` Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2021-03-23 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021, at 3:33 PM, John Floren wrote:
> It's been quite responsive over http; I think the main issue is that
> people automatically write "https" in links these days and I'm not
> sure p9f.org ever had HTTPS set up. I remember trying it weeks back
> when Ron first announced it, wasn't able to connect with HTTPS back
> then either.

That makes sense, thanks John. It's working for me over http.

@fulton: Thanks! I might try to grab it with Inferno; don't have Plan 9 set up for that right now. (Just a couple of old VMs with no host access or drawterm, I don't think.)

@Jeff Sickel: You remind me of one of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's works where his characters describe and praise the literal grave robbers who did such a lot for medical science and the training of doctors in the 19th century...