From: arisawa <arisawa@ar.aichi-u.ac.jp>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] cwfs
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:15:28 +0900	[thread overview]

Thanks Cinap,

that is merely an exercise for disk corruption.
I assumed /dev/sdC0 is corrupted.
the back up is on /dev/SD0 with partitions 9fat, nvram, fscache, fsworm, other,...
9fat, nvram on D0 is same as those of C0.
cwfs config in the first block of /dev/sdC0/fscache is copied to that of D0.
blocks in fsworm on C0 are copied to fsworm on D0 up to last super block (snext in console).
and then the D0 disk is moved to C0.

on reboot, I passed the -c option for the selection prompt.
the followings are my input for config prompt:
service cwfs
filsys main c(/dev/sdC0/fscache)(/dev/sdC0/fsworm)
filsys dump o
filsys other (/dev/sdC0/other)
noauth
newcache
recover
end

the response were:
check tag PC=12336 w"/dev/sdC0/fscache"(0) tag/path=<badtag> /15.....36: expected <nil>
and then returned back to the selection prompt.

why tag/path in fscache is the problem in recovering?
they must be cleaned based on fsworm.

anyone did similar exercise as me?