* [9fans] post install boot routine problems on double nested system
@ 2010-02-06  2:47 Ben Pont
From: Ben Pont @ 2010-02-06  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hi...new member here

need help troubleshooting, please...

there were no errors at all during installation; at finish, the file system
was halted, a prompt to remove install disk and turn off computer.  at that
point i closed the virtual machine window (running on QtEmu from within
virtualbox (ubuntu guest) on XP host...if that makes any difference)

message excepts during halted boot sequence, post install reboot:

found 9pcf
premature EOF
Boot devices: fd0 sdC0!9fat
boot from:
(first I hit [enter] and the prompt was simply repeated)
(then I entered [sdC0!9fat]
syntax is sdC0!partition!file
(then I entered [sdC0!9fat!plan9.ini])
found plan9.ini
.bad kernel format
boot from:

* Re: [9fans] post install boot routine problems on double nested system
@ 2010-02-07 21:47 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-02-07 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> message excepts during halted boot sequence, post install reboot:
>
> found 9pcf
> premature EOF

somehow 9pcf was truncated.  perhaps you're out of room
in 9fat?  you can boot the install cd, mount your 9fat
and check.

> Boot devices: fd0 sdC0!9fat
> boot from:
> (first I hit [enter] and the prompt was simply repeated)
> (then I entered [sdC0!9fat]
> syntax is sdC0!partition!file
> (then I entered [sdC0!9fat!plan9.ini])
> found plan9.ini
> .bad kernel format

you can't boot plan9.ini.  that's a config file.
you want	sdC0!9fat!9pcf
or perhaps similar.

- erik