* Re: [9fans] dhcpd and /lib/ndb/local
@ 2001-10-03 10:16 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-10-03 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

it's not documented, but it seems you can use
	ip/dhcpd [dhcpd-options] addr0 n0 [addr1 n1 ...]
to allocate n0 addresses starting with addr0, n1 from addr1, etc.

it uses similarly named files in /lib/ndb/dhcp to track them.

addresses are allocated only if there isn't a static binding in ndb.
it also tries to check that any dynamic address is not still in use.

does it work?
i don't know.  i haven't tried it myself.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1632 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] dhcpd and /lib/ndb/local
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 23:45:49 -0700

Can dhcpd give out leases from an address range to anonymous requesters
(i.e.  no 'ip=', 'ether=' mapping in /lib/ndb/local)?

* Re: [9fans] dhcpd and /lib/ndb/local
@ 2001-10-04  5:06 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2001-10-04  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, 9fans

I tried it. My limited testing shows that it works. Thanks.

@ 2001-10-04 13:11 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-10-04 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yes it works, that's how we hand out dynamic addresses here.  I rewrote
the man page.  Grab ftp://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/dhcpd.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2044 bytes --]

From: Skip Tavakkolian <fst@real.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu, 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] dhcpd and /lib/ndb/local
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 22:06:51 -0700