* Re: [9fans] double click selects a word
@ 2009-04-08 18:07 Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2009-04-08 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The one included in the octopus should be trivial.

@ 2009-04-08 15:51 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2009-04-08 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2009-04-08  8:31 ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-04-08  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/4/7 Francisco J Ballesteros <nemo@lsub.org>:
> In omero double click does the same, and triple is more hungry. You could
> try that modifying your local system

That's a good idea. I'll try.
thanks

* Re: [9fans] double click selects a word
@ 2009-04-07 19:32 Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2009-04-07 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2009-04-07  3:42   ` sqweek
From: sqweek @ 2009-04-07  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/4/6 erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>:
>> is there any good reason for a double click (in rio, sam, acme, ...)
>> to select a word  (probably) defined by sth. like
>> /[a-zA-Z0-9_]+/
>> and not sth. white-space delimited instead?
>
> acme is for programming.  the existing behavior is
> much better for programming where strings are generally
> delimited by ".

 rxvt-unicode has an option where you can have the selection grow on
subsequent clicks. ie, double click selects a word, another click
widens the selection to a whitespace seperated token, another click
widens the selection to the whole line, then
sentence/paragraph/etc/etc.
 I only ever used it for 5 minutes in between the feature being
introduced and me working out how to turn it off, but it may be a way
to get the best of both worlds, if awkwardly.
-sqweek

* Re: [9fans] double click selects a word
@ 2009-04-06 15:28   ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-04-06 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

ok then. :)

@ 2009-04-06 15:11 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2009-04-06 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2009-04-06 11:31 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-04-06 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> is there any good reason for a double click (in rio, sam, acme, ...)
> to select a word  (probably) defined by sth. like
> /[a-zA-Z0-9_]+/
> and not sth. white-space delimited instead?
> Double clicking e.g. on 'text.txt' only selects 'text' or 'txt', while
> one usually wants the whole. The same with absolute paths like
> '/usr/ruda/lib/profile', etc. In linux a double-click usually
> highlights the whole and usually this is what I want.

acme is for programming.  the existing behavior is
much better for programming where strings are generally
delimited by ".

- erik

* [9fans] double click selects a word
@ 2009-04-06 11:28 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-04-06 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello all

is there any good reason for a double click (in rio, sam, acme, ...)
to select a word  (probably) defined by sth. like
/[a-zA-Z0-9_]+/
and not sth. white-space delimited instead?
Double clicking e.g. on 'text.txt' only selects 'text' or 'txt', while
one usually wants the whole. The same with absolute paths like
'/usr/ruda/lib/profile', etc. In linux a double-click usually
highlights the whole and usually this is what I want.

Would changing this behaviour break anything?

Thanks
Ruda