* [9fans] drawterm configuration
@ 2006-06-11 18:27 Rodolfo (kix)
From: Rodolfo (kix) @ 2006-06-11 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi!

where is the drawterm configuration in windows? I am connecting to a new
server but the drawterm continues conecting to the old server and I need to
use -c / -a options

--
Rodolfo García "kix"

* Re: [9fans] drawterm configuration
@ 2006-06-11 18:32 ` Francisco J Ballesteros
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2006-06-11 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

can´t you run cmd and then drawterm from there?

@ 2006-06-11 18:41   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2006-06-11 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> can´t you run cmd and then drawterm from there?
>
> On 6/11/06, Rodolfo (kix) <rodolfogarciap@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>  where is the drawterm configuration in windows? I am connecting to a new
>> server but the drawterm continues conecting to the old server and I need to
>> use -c / -a options

Also you can build a shortcut and set the -a and -c args there.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm configuration
@ 2006-06-11 18:47   ` Rodolfo (kix)
From: Rodolfo (kix) @ 2006-06-11 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Yes,

I can run cmd and then "drawterm.exe -a mynewnode" but if I make double
click to drawterm I "drawterm" to my oldnode.

I am looking for the "oldnode" to change it to "mynewnode".

I cannot find the word in the windows registry, in configuration files, ...

--

@ 2006-06-11 20:29     ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2006-06-11 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> but if I make double
> click to drawterm I "drawterm" to my oldnode.

change your drawterm shortcut to include the -a and -c flags in the
the "target" field.

> I cannot find the word in the windows registry, in configuration files, ...

drawterm doesn't use windows registry.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm configuration
@ 2006-06-11 21:51       ` Rodolfo (kix)
From: Rodolfo (kix) @ 2006-06-11 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2006/6/11, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com>:

> > but if I make double
> > click to drawterm I "drawterm" to my oldnode.
>
> change your drawterm shortcut to include the -a and -c flags in the
> the "target" field.

I am doing double click in the application, not in a shortcut ;-)

And the drawterm.exe connects with my app .... ummmmm XDDDD

c:\> nslookup www
www.thekix.com

The "problem" is the DNS, is appending my domain name. Then drawterm
connects to my old machine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

@ 2006-06-11 23:03   ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2006-06-11 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Francisco J Ballesteros wrote:
> can´t you run cmd and then drawterm from there?
>
> On 6/11/06, Rodolfo (kix) <rodolfogarciap@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>  where is the drawterm configuration in windows? I am connecting to a new
>> server but the drawterm continues conecting to the old server and I
>> need to
>> use -c / -a options
>>
>> --
>> Rodolfo García "kix"

I make a shortcut on the desktop and put the parameters in there.

ron

* Re: [9fans] drawterm configuration
@ 2006-06-11 23:08     ` Rodolfo (kix)
From: Rodolfo (kix) @ 2006-06-11 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)