From: Robert Raschke <rrplan9@tombob.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] p9p host os recommendation
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:18:31 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Everyone,

thanks for all the help with qemu and such.  I've managed to get it
running, but it appears to completely hog my XP laptop.  So I'm
abandoning my quest for P9 in a VM for the moment.

I will now attempt at running P9P instead.  Since it runs on so many
platforms, what would people recommend I use as the host OS? Bearing
in mind that I am working in a Windows only environment with an XP
laptop, I'm looking for something I can run under VMWare.
(I've got a reasonably chunky laptop with 1.5GB and 1.7GHz.)

Essentially, which Unix variant is easiest to install on VMWare on XP
and will build P9P easily?

Thanks for any advice,
Robby