* [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
@ 2004-06-30 17:12 Steve Simon
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Steve Simon @ 2004-06-30 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

My cifs client does most of the things I want.

It works in my enviroment (win2k/Xp/W95/NT4/Samba)
though I am pretty sure I have broken NetApp support
along the way.

Anyone out there care to be a beta tester?

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
@ 2004-06-30 18:11 ` Fco. J. Ballesteros
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Fco. J. Ballesteros @ 2004-06-30 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Put somewhere for me to download.
BTW, we're using aquarela right now and it seems to
work well enough for us.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3049 bytes --]

From: "Steve Simon" <steve.simon@snellwilcox.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:12:52 +0100

@ 2004-07-01  0:00 ` Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2004-07-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

* Re: [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
@ 2004-07-01  0:06   ` boyd, rounin
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-07-01  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ajft, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

is propagating that garbage a good idea?

* Re: [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
@ 2004-07-01  2:02     ` Kenji Okamoto
From: Kenji Okamoto @ 2004-07-01  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> is propagating that garbage a good idea?

I was done, however, unforunately, I have no windows
machine around me here, ie. work place. ☺

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
@ 2004-07-01  2:12     ` Jack Johnson
From: Jack Johnson @ 2004-07-01  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 02:06:28 +0200, boyd, rounin <boyd@insultant.net> wrote:
> is propagating that garbage a good idea?

Is it propagation of CIFS or supplantation of Samba and Windows Server?

-Jack

* Re: [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
@ 2004-07-01  5:20 ` lucio
From: lucio @ 2004-07-01  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: steve.simon

* I'm posting this rather than replying off list because my previous
* attempt to contact Simon failed to deliver.  If it works now, I'll
* mail him directly in future.

> Anyone out there care to be a beta tester?

With pleasure.  NT4 with SP 6.1 and an oldish SAMBA (I can upgrade, if
necessary).

++L

* Re: [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-07-01  8:49 ` vdharani
From: vdharani @ 2004-07-01  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

hi,

> My cifs client does most of the things I want.
>
> It works in my enviroment (win2k/Xp/W95/NT4/Samba)
> though I am pretty sure I have broken NetApp support
> along the way.
>
> Anyone out there care to be a beta tester?

I am interested. Please give me more details.

Thanks
dharani

* Re: [9fans] cifs guinea pig wanted
@ 2004-07-01 11:23     ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2004-07-01 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have no choice as our Novell servers are about
to be replaced with Windows servers.

Its a matter of need rather than informed choice.

You known when you are really starting to understand CIFS,
when you get to the point where you cannot beleive that the
designers where that incompetent, and start to wonder if
it was deliberatly obfuscated.

-Steve