* [9fans] motorola sb4200 - sis900 problem
@ 2004-09-21  4:25 Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2004-09-21  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I´ve installed Plan 9, and now I´m trying to configure the network.
I´ve compiled a standalone cpu-auth server with the driver for
the sis900 (my network card).
and added "ether0=type=sis" to my plan9.ini so Plan 9 knows about it.
I´ve connected my cable modem (sb4200) to my ethernet card,  but it doesn´t
work.
On linux and winxp, I use the sb4200 works fine when connected to the USB port.
But it doesn´t work att all when connected to the sis900.
Apparently the sis900 works fine.

 The problem seems to be within the sb4200, which tries to interface
by the USB port.

I know that it isn´t a Plan 9 problem, but I wonder if you could give
me some hints.

thanks

Federico Benavento

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-21  4:25 UTC | newest]