* Re: [9fans] Consumers? We the eeevil empire are the consumers!
@ 2008-02-24 18:46 john
From: john @ 2008-02-24 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> My point is that it's easier to fight the static Apple hardware, with
> it's absent hardware doc, than to fight the dynamic Intel/AMD
> hardware, with its/their also missing doc. At least the obsolete Apple
> gear is a non-moving target, so we stand a chance ... The x86 stuff
> changes on an hourly basis, and cannot be kept up with :-(

Come on, folks, PPC Apple was around for how many years, and the
only port effort I know of was a university project that I'm pretty
sure never got anything released. Why do we not want to do anything
until obsolescence is guaranteed? I think I'll start a Zaurus port,
that platform has been dead long enough now. If you want to work on
a port, do sparc64, since you can still buy those machines.

John

* Re: [9fans] Intel ICH7 AHCI
@ 2008-02-24  5:41 lucio
From: lucio @ 2008-02-24  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Short form: PC hardware is crap.

Caveat emptor.  I thought we lived in a world that aimed to please the
consumer...

++L