I honestly don’t think Plan9 or Inferno will become “general use” without (at the very least) a modern browser, but that was not what motivated me to post here. Inferno, dis and 9p seem like a good fit for embedded devices, and having run it successfully on a Raspberry Pi a few months ago (https://bitbucket.org/infpi/inferno-rpi), I was wondering if the kernel and network stack would be shrunk down to something like an ESP8266 (although don’t think that has enough heap space). A while back there was the Aijuboard (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aijuboard#/), but nothing else seems to have popped up since 2015, and any industrial applications of Inferno that might be interesting are likely squirreled away in commercial companies... So I’d like to know if anyone here knows about recent efforts to run Inferno on other tiny machines... Happy New Year, R. > On 30 Dec 2017, at 19:57, Andre Wingor wrote: > >> On 12/30/17, Rui Carmo wrote: >> That reminds me. Weren’t there some Inferno ports for micro controllers, > > Until now I did not have a need for this, so I do not know. > But often there is a need for a compact live VM with a ready OS that > must be run on a public terminal. This is a problem. Live USB I can > not load to the terminal, it forbidden. I found only Puppy Linux in > the Virtual Box, but it works very slowly. > > I many times used Inferno on the desktop in the past, but I had > FreeBSD. It was usability. And here on Windows10x64 now the emu don't > start. It's a pity. > > A modern OS to become popular should have a Live USB and ready-made > assemblies for almost everything. I'm sorry that Inferno does not have > a power now. > > -- > http://andr.ru >