* [9fans] Problems with pcc
@ 2007-11-12  1:41 Pietro Gagliardi
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2007-11-12  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello. Aside from my cut project, I decided to see if I could use pcc
to compile my own version of hoc(1) (http://www.andlabs.com/
hoc_p9.tgz) and just after calling yacc, pcc has given me a whirlwind
of incomprehensible error messages that I just won't work on putting
here (I'm also running Plan 9 in QEMU and I haven't set up email
there). Does anyone know what's going on?

My hoc, which derives directly from the original THE UNIX PROGRAMMING
ENVIRONMENT version, adds a ton of features. Some of them:
	for loops, as in c, except middle part must be given
	the syntax "func n() = expression" adds functional programming
	more logic operators (exclusive or and some wacky ones that do exist)
	even more functions
	modulus - both in relation to the dividend and divisor
	more built-ins and constants
	$# returns number of arguments
	shift (like in shell), unshift, and $## returns number started with
	$+, $-, $* do operation on all arguments
	# comment
	Amazing string handling
	Arrays (though not that great a deal yet)
It doesn't have Plan 9 hoc's named arguments (you still use $1, $3, ...)