* [9fans] Installing without floppy
@ 2000-06-09 13:37 Nicholas Waples
From: Nicholas Waples @ 2000-06-09 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 Is it at all possible to install without a floppy? (from another fat
partition, changing boot/root options, etc) Or is it customised
to much to use the floppy?
 Reason being is that unfortunately I have an LS-120. (which of course
stopped at the boot from:, but I didnt have enough time to fiddle
further after waiting for 5hrs to download the dist only to have wget -c
trash it and start again).
 Maybe ill give it a go with vmware tonight.

Nick.

* Re: [9fans] Installing without floppy
@ 2000-06-10  4:05 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2000-06-10  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Nicholas Waples wrote:
>  Is it at all possible to install without a floppy? (from another fat
> partition, changing boot/root options, etc) ... I have an LS-120.

It is possible to adapt the original floppy disk procedure to another
medium, and I would tell you how except apparently I don't have to,
because the download Web site now asks you what sort of boot medium.