From: Steve Simon <steve@quintile.net>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] factotum (was: Connect plan9 with Linux SMB resource)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:05:04 +0100	[thread overview]

i am the author of cifs.

i may have some slightly more recent fixes than 9 front has, i will check.

the manual page does explain some registry settings you may need to tweak to get it to work - to do with windows getting more and more restrictive about the authentication protocols it supports.

the bottom line is i had cifs working to windows 10 a couple of years ago but these days i have a mac for work so i no longer need it.

to tell the truth i have become a go programmer which is great, but also a little sad, as i have mostly left plan9 development behind.

i will report in a day or two if i have any patches to contribute.

-Steve