* [9fans] webfs on p9p
@ 2005-11-14  4:44 Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2005-11-14  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Call me a masochist, but in a fit of writing much too much code this
weekend, I thought I'd have a poke at porting webfs to p9p; after
all, we can't let only native plan9 people benefit from abaco :-)
I haven't had a working plan9 box since my shuttle died, so I'm
wondering if I  have a bug or if I just don't understand webfs.
Overall it's looking good: the synthetic file system shows up in my
namespace, I can make a new connection, but I can't seem to write a
uri to it using 9p:
% echo 'url http://slashdot.org/' | 9p write webfs/0/ctl
9: write error:  parseurl: newline in URI

So I ditch the newline put on by echo:
% echo 'url http://slashdot.org/' | 9p write webfs/0/ctl
% 9p read webfs/0/ctl
	0
acceptcookies on
sendcookies on
redirectlimit 10
useragent webfs/2.0 (plan 9)
%

No URL.  Am I sending it wrong?  Or do I have to find where the file
server is hooped?

Paul

* Re: [9fans] webfs on p9p
@ 2005-11-14 20:30       ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2005-11-14 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ported.

webfs needs a little clean-up, it's still complaining:
9pserve: annouce unix!/tmp/ns.5r2H/web: Address already in use
o.webfs: post9pservice web: 9pserve failed

I'm sure it's something trivial I missed in the port.

Paul

On 14-Nov-05, at 11:38 AM, Russ Cox wrote:

> On 11/14/05, Paul Lalonde <plalonde@telus.net> wrote:
>> Thanks,
>> that did it (although I had to write a pile of C goop to do it)!
>> Looks like I have a working port of webfs.  Now to finish up abaco...
>
> /sys/src/cmd/webfsget.c
>
> Russ

* Re: [9fans] webfs on p9p
@ 2005-11-14 19:38     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-11-14 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2005-11-14 17:44   ` Paul Lalonde
From: Paul Lalonde @ 2005-11-14 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 13-Nov-05, at 11:41 PM, Nils O. Selåsdal wrote:
> { dir=`{read} ; echo -n 'url http://slashdot.org/' >$dir/ctl ; cat
> $dir/body }<>clone

* Re: [9fans] webfs on p9p
       [not found] <000001c5e8d8$57d4a1e0$14aaa8c0@utelsystems.local>
@ 2005-11-14  7:41 ` Nils O. Selåsdal
From: Nils O. Selåsdal @ 2005-11-14  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 06:00 +0100, Paul Lalonde wrote:
> Call me a masochist, but in a fit of writing much too much code this
> weekend, I thought I'd have a poke at porting webfs to p9p; after
> all, we can't let only native plan9 people benefit from abaco :-)
> I haven't had a working plan9 box since my shuttle died, so I'm
> wondering if I  have a bug or if I just don't understand webfs.
> Overall it's looking good: the synthetic file system shows up in my
> namespace, I can make a new connection, but I can't seem to write a
> uri to it using 9p:
> % echo 'url http://slashdot.org/' | 9p write webfs/0/ctl
> 9: write error:  parseurl: newline in URI
>
> So I ditch the newline put on by echo:
> % echo 'url http://slashdot.org/' | 9p write webfs/0/ctl
> % 9p read webfs/0/ctl
> 	0
> acceptcookies on
> sendcookies on
> redirectlimit 10
> useragent webfs/2.0 (plan 9)
> %
>
> No URL.  Am I sending it wrong?  Or do I have to find where the file
> server is hooped?

It'd probably be a nice feature if webfs ignored slashdot.org. However
you probably must hold on to references to the webfs files.
"A connection is assumed closed once all files in its directory have been closed,
and is then will be reallocated."

Under Plan 9 , if you're seated in /mnt/web/, it'd be e.g.:

--
Nils O. Selåsdal <NOS@Utel.no>