From: Andrey Mirtchovski <aam396@mail.usask.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Gecko based web browser
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:28:45 -0600	[thread overview]

"Douglas A. Gwyn" wrote:

> For Chrissakes, if you insist on rolling all your own software you'll
> never catch up.  Wouldn't it be better to have a functional Web
> browser on your preferred development platform than to have to keep
> switching platforms every time you need to access the Web?

It was a joke.. :)

Anyway, I am morally oposed to Gnome for I love simple things and detest eye candy
(unless it's a game or a screeensaver, which are *supposed* to be pretty :)

yes, you are right, there is simply no way all the software for plan9 could be written
from scratch, but on the other hand if the most importand and frequently used pieces
of software are imported from other OSs, we would hardly be able to stick with the
plan9 look and feel... (I like vi, I use vi, I am productive with vi, I wouldn't want
to see vi ported to plan9, simply because it doesn't fit too well with the system...)

Ah, but what I say does not matter much, since I am a newcomer :) Let me learn more
about P9 before making more statements like the above...

regards: andrey