From: "D. Brownlee" <ancipites@earthlink.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] problems
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:09:40 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

It's installed. Thanks to everyone that made this possible.

Problems:

1. My printer's paper tray doesn't hold enough sheets to
print the manuals. It looks as though, in devlpt.c, that
outch() doesn't check for Fpe when it finds an error. This
was encountered when trying to print vol1.ps.

2. When I tried to print volume two, with 'mk', page numbering
restarted at each chapter. There is a 'prfile' script in that
'doc' directory, but it looks like the page numbers were determined
when 'alef' was part of the system. Could we have a big vol2.ps,
like vol1.ps, or an updated 'prfile'?

3. 'ftpfs' doesn't completely cope with MacOS! What about the rest
of us? ;) I can work around it for now by moving whatever I want to
get with 'ftpfs' to the 'McIntoshHD'.

Later,

D. Brownlee