* [9fans] Re: Is there a Freeware version of Plan 9 available to students
       [not found] <7cjaid$vfk$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>
@ 2000-09-20  8:35 ` Keith Rhodes
From: Keith Rhodes @ 2000-09-20  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sigh!

Get yourself a high density floppy.

Go look at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/

Follow the Download link, read the license.

Take a good look at the machine where you'd like to install Plan9, you need some
information to prepare yourself a boot floppy...

Stuff like:

model, port address (in hex) and IRQ for the ethernet card, SCSI card,
SoundBlaster compatible sound card,
monitor frequency, resolution, colour depth,
where's the mouse (COM1 = /dev/cua0  COM2 = /dev/cua1 for Linux, or is it a PS2
mouse)

I find it hard to believe absolutely Nobody at Bath has had a go at Plan9!

KR

re

kev_grindley@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I am a student studying operating systems with a particular interest in
> undertaking an investigation into Plan 9. I understand that an older version
> of Plan 9 may exist that does not currently come under a license agreement :
> does anyone know if this is true and if so, could they let me know from it
> can be obtained. I know about the free PC trial version, but would prefer
> access to something a bit more long term so that it can be mulled over ! I
> think that some  colleges / universities may have a downloadable copy of Plan
> 9 (ours hasn't) so any help regarding this would be most helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kev Grindley.

==
I don't like spammers. So take the warning
out of my address before you reply.
++

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-09-20  8:35 UTC | newest]