I need some hints checking out my 3COM 3C905-TX ethernet card or setting up my /lib/ndb/local file. The card passes the 3Com diagnostic tests. I used a ether0=type=elnk3 in my plan9.ini file, and plan9 boots with it, #l0: elnk3: 10Mbps port 0xFCC0 irq9: 0060083FF7AE I get a ndb/dns: can't read my ip address error. For now I am just trying to attach my terminal to our network. I do not have a cpu, file, or auth server yet. I can use ndb/ipquery to get our dns servers, my ip address, domain, network, and gateway from the ether net address. To see if the ether net worked, I tried telnet and traceroute to my linux box, telnet net!bfbooby telnet: connection timed out (connect 164.159.212.30!23) ip/traceroute -d bfbooby interrupted * interrupted * ... Are there other diagnostics to work on or should I be looking for a problem in my /lib/ndb/local. I attached my /lib/ndb/local and plan9.ini files. Thanks. Mark P.S. I am suprised that ndb/ipquery is case sensitive (BFBooby isn't found but bfbooby is.) when internet addresses aren't.