From: "Mark C. Otto" <Mark_Otto@FWS.Gov>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Double Your input with cons
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:02:57 -0500	[thread overview]

Thanks for the help on the con input.  Telnetd does does do some handshaking to
see who is going to echo.  I am using con -d and telnet -d to figure that out

Using

con -C -r   # -r removes the carriage returns

corrects both the double text pasting and the execution of cut text problems.
But like Rob said, my password shows up as I type it though--thanks Russ.
I'll just have to watch my back until I delete my password. ;-)

I could not get Jean Mehat's 1,3,2 chording to remove the extra text when I
am not in character mode.  I imagine that it added the text in on the command
line then deleted it again.

> 01/12/2001 10:44 AM CET
> When I have to, I usually cut with 1,2, then paste and cut with
> 1,3,2 to have text only once.

I did notice that on the command line that the cut/paste action does not
take effect until I release the 1 button, whereas in the rest of the
window, the actions take place as the buttons are pushed.

I agree with Rog that in line mode, it would be nice to paste multiple
lines and only have them sent after pushing the return.  That project
has a lower priority than getting my CPU and file server up, so I can
live more in the plan9 world.

Mark