From: Ed Brown <edbrown@mailbag.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Fileserver setup problems
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:35:40 -0600	[thread overview]

I assembled this machine last week.
As part of testing it I loaded the basic
plan9 setup on its ide drive booted it up,
tested its network card and checked its
scsi drive by trying:
   disk/mbr /dev/sd00/data
and then looking at it with
   disk/fdisk /dev/sd00/data
I had no problem.  I have since examined
the internal scsi LVD/SE terminator that
came with the Tekram card. I located it at
the end of the ribbon cable after the drive.
It's on there solid.  The Tekram card is
suppose to provide the termination for the
other end (I only have the one scsi drive on
the chain) The Tekram bios can verify the
disk and I have done a low level format
as well.

It appears to be properly terminated and
available.