* [9fans] PPPoE-servering
@ 2006-06-22 12:06 Retzki, Sascha [Xplain]
From: Retzki, Sascha [Xplain] @ 2006-06-22 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi guys,

I would love to substitute my NetBSD-NAT/PPP-box with a Plan9-driven
system, yet I still want the only non-Plan9-box to be able to connect to
the internet. Instead of writting a natd for Plan9, I would rather like
to setup a PPPoE-server so that the Windows-box could use PPP to connect
to the plan9-driven gateway, 'proxying' to the internet. So this would
be the theoretical setup:

Plan9-LAN        -> ether0 -> 'import /net'        -> ether2/PPP ->
DSL-Modem, etc...
Windows-machine  -> ether1 -> ip/pppoe servering  /

Would that work, anyway?
Despite the fact that ip/pppoe does not pass -S to ip/ppp, thus using
ip/pppoe for servering is currently not possible, anyway...
(Why is that, btw? Is serving PPPoE something different than using PPPoE
as a client?)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-06-22 12:06 UTC | newest]