* [9fans] window's content clearing
@ 2009-04-08  7:30 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-04-08  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

Imagine I have a rio window with a long history, i.e. lots of text
have been entered and the scroll bar is just a tiny box. And I'd like
to clear everything, so that only the last prompt remains. I know I
can clear some portions with a mouse. But that is often tedious. Is
there any nice way how to achieve the goal? /dev/text is readonly...

Thanks
ruda

* Re: [9fans] window's content clearing
@ 2009-04-08  8:05 ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-04-08  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

In acme you can do something like
Edit ,$-1d
but I don't know how to deal with a terminal outside acme.

--
Hugo

* Re: [9fans] window's content clearing
@ 2009-04-08  8:36   ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-04-08  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/4/8 hugo rivera <uair00@gmail.com>:
> In acme you can do something like
> Edit ,$-1d
> but I don't know how to deal with a terminal outside acme.

Well, this is true. In an editor you have the wings...
[Btw., also reading a man page is somewhat easier in an editor for me
since I can search in the text then, which can't be done in a rio
window itself (thus one must search only with one's eyes).]

@ 2009-04-08 11:04   ` cej
From: cej @ 2009-04-08 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans