First of all, thank you very much for your work, Eric ! >> sdiahci: drive 0 in state missing after 0 resets # strange! >> sdiahci: drive 1 in state missing after 0 resets # strange! > bug. probablly a drive power mgmt problem. was this a seperate boot? No. > this is a jmicron bug. i haven't yet had in my possession a jmicron > controller, so this will be interesting, but the new driver does have > code to work around this very issue. My fault. I forwarded the 'Plan 9 Hardware Specification Page' to the computer enterprise who assembled my comp. Apparently, he ignored the 'Chipset' paragraph. Thank you very much for your effort, indeed, truly, Peter, aka ++pac. - erik