* [9fans] bootsetup trouble
@ 2002-04-29 13:07 Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2002-04-29 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

[This is a boot setup for a floppyless/USB install to
a previously installed 'win9x' r3 system]

I see:

    Enable bootmethod (...)[no default] ^D
    Preparing menu... usage: isfat /dev/sdC0/part
    Task to do [bootsetup]

The I stopped and tried to boot it.  That didn't work.

Looking at my config.sys and autoexec.bat they are ok,
but the r3 ld and 9load need to be copied back to
c:\plan9

Then it boots, but c:\plan9.ini need to be modified:

    <comment out adisk=... i inserted a ;>
    bootfile=sdC0!9fat!9pcdisk
    bootargs=local!#S/sdC0/fs

Logging in as glenda or none:

    boot: can't connect to file server '/bzroot' files does not exist
    panic: boot process died: unknown

I shall investigate this later.

* Re: [9fans] bootsetup trouble
@ 2002-04-29 13:20 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2002-04-29 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Boyd Roberts wrote:
> I shall investigate this later.

In a last ditch wild guess, as I have a lotta python to
write/debug/test, I commented out:

    nobootprompt=local!/bzroot

from c.\plan9.ini.

Then, logging in as glenda works just fine.