* [9fans] Identity
@ 2002-06-22 13:47 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-06-22 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Since rsc is incommunicado on another of his secret missions, this might
be a safe time to mention that The Bourne Identity is none other than
Russ Cox.

-rob

* [9fans] Identity
@ 2002-06-24  9:35 Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2002-06-24  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> By the way, Star Wars sucked.

If you are referring to "Attack of the Clones", the members of my household
unanimously disagree, although since we are Macintosh users our opinion
probably doesn't count.

However, my wife would like to know how Amidala managed to fit quite so many
changes of clothing into one small suitcase. Is there a compression
algorithm in Plan 9 that could explain this?

* Re: [9fans] Identity
@ 2002-06-24  9:38 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-06-24  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

No. All the clothes were plumbed together from small generic
pieces, following the pipe/plumber ideas.

* Re: [9fans] Identity
@ 2002-06-24 22:45 anothy
From: anothy @ 2002-06-24 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

// my wife would like to know how Amidala managed to fit
// quite so many changes of clothing into one small suitcase.

the suitcase was a physical venti: similar portions of the
various garments were only stored once. since storage and
retrieval time of a suitcase is seldom much of an issue,
the venti could be configured with a very small block
size, resulting in substantial savings.