* [9fans] Problems with a Digital monitor
@ 2002-12-26 10:40 Carlos L.M.
From: Carlos L.M. @ 2002-12-26 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,

 I have tried to install Plan9 on a Pentium 120. When
setup starts detects vga card right (S3 Virge). But I
see double images. My monitor is a Digital with this
frequencies:

  HorizSync 48.36
  VertRefresh 60.00

 On the installation disk I have configured like a
Multisync 65 Hz.

  How Can I modify plan9.ini to put it right
frequencies ??

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

Yahoo! Sorteos
Consulta si tu número ha sido premiado en
Yahoo! Sorteos http://loteria.yahoo.es

* Re: [9fans] Problems with a Digital monitor
@ 2002-12-27  3:55 ` Jason Vowell
From: Jason Vowell @ 2002-12-27  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

mount /srv/9fat /n/dist /dev/sdC0/9fat
sam /n/dist/plan9.ini
     or
acme /n/dist/plan9.ini

-jason

@ 2002-12-27  3:59   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-12-27  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You can change the monitor= setting in plan9.ini to try
different pre-configured monitors, but that won't get you
too far, especially if you have exact frequencies you need.

You need to edit a:\vgadb and make yourself a monitor
entry with the timings you want.

http://extra.cmis.csiro.au/IA/talbot/everyone/video-modes.html

is a good explanation of how video timings work.

Russ