* [9fans] how to boot from hard disk?
@ 2003-06-27  8:26 Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2003-06-27  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've wasted a lot of time trying to get the following three OSes
to be simultaneously bootable from partitions on the primary
master IDE disk (using System Commander 8 as a boot manager):
	Windows Me
	Plan 9 r.4
	Solaris 9
Currently I have Plan 9 and Solaris installed on partitions
on other disks (IDE and/or SCSI) and they don't boot successfully
even though they have, in the past, on other PCs using System
Commander.  One possible factor is that I have 120GB and 95GB
IDE disks.  I would appreciate help getting bootable versions
working.  For example, can I boot via floppy then copy the
installed files to a partition on the primary master disk and
do something magic to install a working MBR?
I have figured out what "P.C." stands for!