From: Carl-Johan Kjellander <carljohan@kjellander.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Bug Report. Maybe DMA race on Abit BX6
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:47:52 +0200	[thread overview]

Plan 9 seems to have trouble installing on Abit BX6 motherboards.
I've tried installing it on two Abit BX6 motherboards but the installations
always fails at the same place.

When doing mountfs and answering wipe plan 9 starts to wipe the partitions.
After 5-10 seconds the load goes up to max and nothing more happens.

I can run Plan 9 fine from the install cd and I've had it up for more than
a week, but I can't get it installed on the harddisk.

The chipset on the motherboard is Intel 82371AB (PIIX4) so it should be
supported, and maybe the DMA is to blame? Maybe a race condition.

Anyway, is it possible to force the kernel not to use DMA when booting?
Or is there another kernel I could try to get it installed.

please CC me since I'm not on the list.
/Carl-Johan Kjellander
--
begin 644 carljohan_at_kjellander_dot_com.gif
Y1TE&.#=A(0`F`(```````/___RP`````(0`F```"@XR/!\N<#U.;+MI`<[U(>\!UGQ9BGT%>'D2I