* [9fans] bell stuff off line ?
@ 2012-10-31 10:10 kali.mail
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: kali.mail @ 2012-10-31 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hi,

i just tried to get to the plan9 stuff at plan9.bell-labs.com and the google DNS doesnt even resolve the name. i know that it could be hosted somewhere at alcatel-lucent now but cant find anything about plan9 on their site. please tell me they didnt took the complete project with all its great documentation offline :/. maybe  im just to stupid to find anything on their site, so , if you know where the whole  stuff has gone please give me a link or something.

greets
kali

* Re: [9fans] bell stuff off line ?
@ 2012-10-31 10:55 ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2012-10-31 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

http://google.org/crisismap/sandy-2012

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] bell stuff off line ?
@ 2012-10-31 12:39   ` kali
From: kali @ 2012-10-31 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2012 12:08:03 UTC+1 schrieb David du Colombier:
> http://google.org/crisismap/sandy-2012
>

> --
>
> David du Colombier

oh shit. i forgot. sorry for that.
im from germany, so the problem wasnt that clear ;). i hope not many people got hurt and they get their stuff up again .

greets
kali

* Re: [9fans] bell stuff off line ?
@ 2012-10-31 13:23 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-10-31 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Oct 31 06:17:08 EDT 2012, kali.mail@web.de wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just tried to get to the plan9 stuff at plan9.bell-labs.com and the
> google DNS doesnt even resolve the name.  i know that it could be
> hosted somewhere at alcatel-lucent now but cant find anything about
> plan9 on their site.  please tell me they didnt took the complete
> project with all its great documentation offline :/.  maybe im just to
> stupid to find anything on their site, so , if you know where the
> whole stuff has gone please give me a link or something.

i hope everything is okay excepting the power in MH.

this list isn't comprehensive, and i'm sure you can find better
references, but here's what i have:

full mirror including contrib
	http://sources.iwp9.org/sources/
just /sys/src.  i'm unsure if this is nodified or not
	http://lsub.org/magic/webls?dir=/sys/src

the man pages can be found here

http://man.cat-v.org/plan_9/
http://www.quanstro.net/magic/man2html/$section/$page
	(9atom)

- erik

* Re: [9fans] bell stuff off line ?
@ 2012-10-31 14:05   ` sl
From: sl @ 2012-10-31 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have an incomplete mirror of 9fans here:

http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/archive

-sl

* Re: [9fans] bell stuff off line ?
@ 2012-10-31 15:31 ` John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2012-10-31 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Asking the same question 3 times in as many minutes will not get any
faster answer

john

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:10 AM,  <kali.mail@web.de> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just tried to get to the plan9 stuff at plan9.bell-labs.com and the google DNS doesnt even resolve the name. i know that it could be hosted somewhere at alcatel-lucent now but cant find anything about plan9 on their site. please tell me they didnt took the complete project with all its great documentation offline :/. maybe  im just to stupid to find anything on their site, so , if you know where the whole  stuff has gone please give me a link or something.
>
> greets
> kali

* Re: [9fans] bell stuff off line ?
@ 2012-10-31 15:34   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-10-31 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Oct 31 11:34:04 EDT 2012, john@jfloren.net wrote:
> Asking the same question 3 times in as many minutes will not get any
> faster answer

my daughter is convinced that you are wrong!

- erik