* [9fans] Unix Weenie Newsreader
@ 2009-07-28 18:19 John Floren
From: John Floren @ 2009-07-28 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ever wish you had more GUI programs on Plan 9 to show off to your
friends? Do you think Mothra represents the very pinnacle of UI
design? Then have I got a program for you...

I've spent the last day or so whipping up a quick libpanel application
to read USENET via nntpfs. You can read newsgroups (not threaded, yet)
and post messages (no followups yet), all from the comfort of a
program that wouldn't look too out of place in any fashionable UNIX
establishment. Screenshots at
http://csplan9.rit.edu/users/john/uwn.png

The source is available in /n/sources/contrib/john/uwn.tgz

John
--
"I've tried programming Ruby on Rails, following TechCrunch in my RSS
reader, and drinking absinthe. It doesn't work. I'm going back to C,