* [9fans] Help installing Inferno in FreeBSD
@ 2008-05-07  9:24 alpinweis
From: alpinweis @ 2008-05-07  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi.
I am trying to install INFERNO in FreeBSD 7.0 using the downloaded
inferno CD image. Created user 'inferno' with /home/inferno as
<inferno root> directory. Running the install script I get the
following error:

$ /mnt/install/FreeBSD-386.sh /home/inferno
trapBUS: signo: 10 code: 3 addr: 8061150
SYS: process  faults: Bus error
Killed
/mnt/install/FreeBSD-386.sh: cannot create /home/inferno/FreeBSD/386/
bin/wm: No such file or directory

Installing under the root account results in the same error.

Could please anyone help me.
Thanks in advance.

* Re: [9fans] Help installing Inferno in FreeBSD
@ 2008-05-08  8:37 ` alpinweis
From: alpinweis @ 2008-05-08  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On May 7, 12:24 pm, alpinw...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi.
> I am trying to install INFERNO in FreeBSD 7.0 using the downloaded
> inferno CD image. Created user 'inferno' with /home/inferno as
> <inferno root> directory. Running the install script I get the
> following error:
>

> $ /mnt/install/FreeBSD-386.sh /home/inferno
> trapBUS: signo: 10 code: 3 addr: 8061150
> SYS: process  faults: Bus error
> Killed
> /mnt/install/FreeBSD-386.sh: cannot create /home/inferno/FreeBSD/386/
> bin/wm: No such file or directory
>

> Installing under the root account results in the same error.
>
> Could please anyone help me.
> Thanks in advance.

Finally managed to install inferno on FreeBSD. I used the alternative
way of installing from components. Runs fine now.

Does anyone now how to enable mouse scrolling in inferno wm's windows?

* Re: [9fans] Help installing Inferno in FreeBSD
@ 2008-05-08 12:28   ` a
From: a @ 2008-05-08 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

While there's certainly significant overlap in users, you
might have better luck on Vita Nuova's Inferno list. I
forget the subscription information off hand, but I'm
certain you'll find it on their web site.
Anthony