* [9fans]  plan9.ini
@ 2008-08-07 20:06 Benjamin Huntsman
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Benjamin Huntsman @ 2008-08-07 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I had some trouble with permissions while setting up my CPU server, but thanks to the kind help of a few people here, got it running.

However, I can't get it to boot up entirely without my intevention, as it always hangs on:

root is from (tcp, local)[local!#S/sdC0/fossil]:

I'm sure there's something I can put in the plan9.ini to automatically choose the default, but the man page didn't make it terribly clear, and my attempt rendered the system unbootable, so I had to resort to boot off the cd and undo it.

Can anyone tell me how to make a system boot up completely w/o operator interaction?

Thanks in advance!

* Re: [9fans] plan9.ini
@ 2008-08-07 20:14 ` Andy Spencer
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Andy Spencer @ 2008-08-07 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Can anyone tell me how to make a system boot up completely w/o
> operator interaction?

After the default install adding nobootprompt= and user= to plan9.ini

* Re: [9fans] plan9.ini
@ 2008-08-07 20:16 ` Federico G. Benavento
From: Federico G. Benavento @ 2008-08-07 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

nobootprompt=local!#S/sdC0/fossil

it's in plan9.ini(8)

--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] plan9.ini
@ 2008-08-07 20:16 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2008-08-07 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

see boot(8). you need to wait 15 seconds for the default to be picked up:

"Method and address are prompted for first. The prompt lists all valid
methods, with the default in brackets, for example:
	root is from (tcp, local!#S/sdC0/fs)[tcp]:

A newline picks the default. Other possible responses are method or
method!address. To aid in automatic reboot, the default is
automatically taken on CPU servers if nothing is typed within 15
seconds."

* Re: [9fans] plan9.ini
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-08-07 20:20 ` Skip Tavakkolian