I wasn't able to get this working today, but I believe I made good progress. Unfortunately, I'm traveling all day tomorrow and will have questionable network access while away for about a week. I've attached my version of _p9dir.c with the OS X code in it. The addition is pretty simple, and I tested a dummy program with nearly the same code and it prints the real size in bytes, but something isn't right. I rebuilt and installed lib9 and ls, but ls still doesn't show anything useful. It may just be that I have to rebuild something more than I have. Forwarded in the hope that someone who's looked at p9p's guts more than I can tell me what that might be. Anthony