* [9fans] restricted remote address
@ 2009-07-10 12:38 Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2009-07-10 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

h% 9fs sources
srv tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com: mount failed: restricted remote address

virgin media changed my IP address overnight. reverse lookup gives a subdomain of
virginmedia.com, but presumably it's the IP address that sources is restricting?

* Re: [9fans] restricted remote address
@ 2009-07-10 16:41 ` Pavel Klinkovsky
From: Pavel Klinkovsky @ 2009-07-10 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have the same problem.
Yesterday I changed my ISP, and the problem immediately appeared...

Pavel

* Re: [9fans] restricted remote address
@ 2009-08-05  9:06 ` Davide
From: Davide @ 2009-08-05  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Jul 10, 1:19 pm, fors...@terzarima.net (Charles Forsyth) wrote:
> h% 9fs sources
> srv tcp!sources.cs.bell-labs.com: mount failed: restricted remote address
>
> virgin media changed my IP address overnight. reverse lookup gives a subdomain of
> virginmedia.com, but presumably it's the IP address that sources is restricting?

I got the same problem. I started an installation on VMWARE using the
image at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/download/plan9.iso.bz2 .
Internet connection works ( if I do hget http://www.google.com I get
the page), but I get the error message. I get the same message when
running "pull". Also
9fs kix.in /n/sources gives me a "connection refused".