* [9fans] update, and a venti question.
@ 2005-09-23  4:57 David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2005-09-23  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

So after Russ fixed up sdata.c [and I patched locally as well before I
knew he was going to get to it] I now have successful DMA access to my
disk on my nForce2 based motherboard.

This has sped up venti related stuff by at least an order of magnitude or 10 :).

Finally got my venti up and running.

Not that I'm afraid I'm going to fill the venti up any time soon but
how can one tell how much block storage is remaining?

I've been skimming over man pages but I'm not seeing it.

Dave

* Re: [9fans] update, and a venti question.
@ 2005-09-23  5:00 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-09-23  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Leimbach, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Not that I'm afraid I'm going to fill the venti up any time soon but
> how can one tell how much block storage is remaining?

hget 127.1!8000/storage

* Re: [9fans] update, and a venti question.
@ 2005-09-23  5:04   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2005-09-23  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrey mirtchovski; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 9/22/05, andrey mirtchovski <mirtchovski@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Not that I'm afraid I'm going to fill the venti up any time soon but
> > how can one tell how much block storage is remaining?
>
> hget 127.1!8000/storage

thanks.  surprisingly not-very-plan9 of it to use http over 9P isn't it? :)

Perhaps I'm channeling Boyd...