* Re: [9fans] command history in rc
@ 2005-11-08  5:21 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-11-08  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is this something like your old pet? :
>
> http://www.deinprogramm.de/scheme-2005/05-knauel/05-knauel.pdf

Almost yes except that it's using ncurses.
I'd rather use mouse. :)
# wait, linux terminal has supported the mouse?

* Re: [9fans] command history in rc
@ 2005-11-08 15:31 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2005-11-08 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 11/7/05, YAMANASHI Takeshi <9.nashi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is this something like your old pet? :
> >
> > http://www.deinprogramm.de/scheme-2005/05-knauel/05-knauel.pdf
>
> Almost yes except that it's using ncurses.
> I'd rather use mouse. :)
> # wait, linux terminal has supported the mouse?

Yep, you've been able to highlight stuff in linux for copy/paste for
at least the last 6 or 7 years that I've been doing it.

I do that on FreeBSD too.

But mainly between virtual terminals... I don't start X unless I'm
really needing multiple visible windows on the screen that I need to
move around at once.

@ 2005-11-07  9:38 ` kim kubik
From: kim kubik @ 2005-11-07  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"YAMANASHI Takeshi"  wrote in message
> > As for command history, you are expected to
> > find the previous command in your rc window, edit it, copy it, paste it

> This reminded me of my old pet idea.  To ease finding the desired command
> in a window, how's it to split the window into two panes like sam does?
> I mean, you always enter commands in the command pane and every outputs
will
> appear in the other output pane.

Is this something like your old pet? :

http://www.deinprogramm.de/scheme-2005/05-knauel/05-knauel.pdf