On 12/7/05, John Floren wrote: > > Adrian Tritschler wrote: > > > I guess I asked for that one. Ok, who wants to ask Google to implement > > a 9p interface to gmail? > > > I have to go on co-op in two years... maybe I'll apply to Google, saying > "You know, I have a really good idea for Gmail... If you hire me, I can > do it." > The response, when they find out what I did: "We paid you to write an > interface for WHAT operating system?!" :-) You tell them that it's for all 9p speaking systems. That includes linux now with v9fs, hopefully with Alan Cox [FreeBSD Alan Cox], anything that can use Tim Newsham's Python 9p implementation, etc. :) It's not as obscure as it once was. I've seen talk of adding it to OpenBSD as well as a translation layer for DragonFlyBSD's native VFS messaging [well I proposed that one but god knows when I'll have time for that] Anyone interested in adding 9p to NetBSD? :) We'll just spread out like a virus and take over. ;-) Dave John > -- > http://digi.nuwen.net/ > "Who alone has reason to *lie himself out* of actuality? He who > *suffers* from it." > -- Friedrich Nietzsche >