On 12/13/05, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote: > > > The subject of this thread is about MS Research reinventing Inferno... I > > think that's a good indication some people thought it was "merely" > > derivative :) > > it was a question, hence the '?' > > my point, as i clarified later, is the lack of acknowledgement for > prior work. the victors write the history. how the majority > perceive the history, becomes reality. btw, the first i saw the concept of combining resources, services and > files in a name space, was plan9. am i wrong? > > I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that I don't think many ideas are truly "original" to begin with. Just combinations of past ideas in new ways perhaps. Wish we could convince the patent system of that.