On 1/25/06, FernanBolando@astec-power.com wrote: > > From: Ronald G Minnich rminnich@lanl.gov > >Dan Cross wrote: > >> But, more to the point, snappy > >> one-liners like the above just smack of elitism and don't convey any > >> real information. Just because it's not the fashionable way to do > >> something in the Plan 9 world doesn't mean it may not be necessary due > >> to circumstances beyond an individual's control. > > > >yes, it's a plan 9 problem. "We don't have it, so it must not be good". > >Sometimes, it's true; not having a lot of stupid things is a plus on > >Plan 9. Other times, however, we don't have things that we ought. > > > >Subversion is very nice. You don't really need apache, andrey has set up > >svn on xcpu.org without apache. > > > >i have no idea of how much work it is to port, except ... it's c++, I > think. > > >mercurial might be easier. don't know. > > In linux I use darcs it's written in haskell. I tried once or twice to > look into > ghc source and try to get it running under plan9 so I can run darcs but > failed. > I dont have much experience with haskell except for darcs. > > Maybe someone with more knowledge with haskell can take a look. > > ,Fernan > You are supposed to be able to generate some intermediate C to port haskell to new platforms. I took a swipe at this once... it did not go well :) Dave