* [9fans] Update to Parallels docs for Plan 9 (very small update)
@ 2006-07-07  6:30 David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2006-07-07  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://mordor.tip9ug.jp/who/leimy/parallels.html

Turns out Plan 9 does work @ 1344x840x32 just fine with Parallels on
Mac OS X in "vesa" mode.

I've updated my docs to reflect that.

16bpp mode does *not* work however and got me nothing but a black screen.

Couldn't even see the mouse cursor but luckily I was able to draw a
new window in Rio anyway, mount 9fat, and use "ed" to delete the line
that said "monitor=vesa" to get back to a non-graphical Plan 9 boot so
I could try 32bpp mode.

That was somewhat... exciting :-)  Maybe I should make this a CPU
server instance instead of a Terminal so I can drawterm in if I ever
do that again. :-)

Dave

* [9fans] Re: Update to Parallels docs for Plan 9 (very small update)
@ 2006-07-07 19:15 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2006-07-07 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Interestingly, 32bpp vesa mode is only working when I first boot
parallels into 8bpp mode, then change my plan9.ini to show 32bpp and
then reboot.

32bpp on the first boot results in a failure to find the mode and then
being stuck in a text mode.

Dave