On 3/6/07, lucio@proxima.alt.za wrote: > > > fuck 'em! > >> > >> > >> this is not just a matter of "we are so smart, we get rio, and no one > >> else does, so F*** 'em!". I know lots of smart peope. One look at rio > >> is enough to put them off their feed, and to chase them away from Plan > >> 9. Plan 9 is not just about rio -- at least to me. > > Matt has a point. If we all limited ourselves to activities that are > pleasant from the very beginning, I doubt human civilisaton would have > ever occured. From personal experience even sex requires overcoming > some discomfort before reaching ecstasy and I understand it's a lot > worse for women, nevermind such things as whisky drinking or winning a > marathon. > > Why do we expect our computer usage to require no sacrifices at all? I have one that seems to require a burned chicken to get it to boot, but that's besides the point. honestly, anyone played with omero? I did for a few minutes and should really try it again I think... I'm actually thinking I might load Plan B on my Plan 9 file/cpu/auth server and try to drawterm to it. (It should work right?) ++L > > -- - Passage Matthew 5:37: But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.