From: "David Leimbach" <leimy2k@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] a quick and simple minded study of configure.
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 18:18:08 -0700	[thread overview]

Heh. Reminds me of when I wrote an assembler as an undergrad in
college in C++ in 1200 lines. I was pretty impressed with myself at
the time till I saw my professor's 600 line version.

I think that's what got me into learning these higher level languages
and higher order functional programming languages - the desire to
write less code.

I'm pretty sure I'm not good at it yet but I always found this one
line. "word counter" impressive.

 std::distance(std::istream_iterator<std::string>(std::cin),
std::istream_iterator<std::string>());

I think that's corect but I'm on my blackberry.

I think I got that from a newsgroup back in the 90s

--
- Passage Matthew 5:37:
   But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever