On 10/8/07, Charles Forsyth wrote: > > > It may be the case that we have cut our > > abstractions too high to take advantage of some architectural features > > present in modern microprocessors -- it may be that we want to allow > > I might draw a different conclusion. As with some peculiar memory > subsystems, > botched device interfaces, or 80 core processors, I'd say that perhaps the > architectural features are there > to meet the needs of hardware designers and are not actually designed to > run the programs > people are actually writing. Perhaps someone told them the software > people wanted > some of this stuff, but I've got my doubts! > > We can't make em faster, so we'll make more of em and put em on one die! Now deal with shared memory problems... == Hey look Erlang! And now suddenly CSP gets more attention again too! Dave