On 10/17/07, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote: > > On 10/17/07, ron minnich wrote: > > > > You have two choices. > > > > 1) write it from scratch > > 2) port gcc and then all of gnubin -- and then all of the various > > parallel computing software > > > > Ron fails to mention that we are also looking at flushing out support > for large-scale HPC applications under Plan 9 -- but that work is just > getting underway and Fortran isn't one of our initial targets > (although some level of MPI API support most likely is). > > -eric > Who's "we"? I've experience implementing MPI against Portals, TCP and funky shared memory issues on Mac OS X. Of course for me to do so for Plan 9 would probably violate several employment non-competes and other IP contracts I have. Doesn't mean I'm not interested in seeing it happen though. Plan 9 might be really ideal for HPC, especially with myrinet drivers available and it's absolutely no-nonsense VM subsystem. (yeah you can exhaust RAM, but all that paging/swapping was never good for HPC anyway now was it? I'm thinking CPlant... Ron (Minnich) might laugh at me... :-) Dave