On 10/25/07, Jeff Sickel wrote: > > On Oct 23, 2007, at 5:23 PM, David Leimbach wrote: > > > On 9/18/07, Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com> wrote: > >> > >>> Try disabling the vga hw acceleration. I had some > >>> problems with it and vmware. > >> > >> thank you steve and esoriano. i had tried that first but apparently > >> i mistyped it. your reaffirmation and a few hours of sleep made > >> all the difference. > >> > >> > > I'm running VMWare Fusion on a Mac, my hardware acceleration in > > VMWare is > > off, but I still get the problem with black screen and weird Rio > > behavior. > > > > Is there a Plan 9 option to try here? > > I got the install to work by forcing in the hwaccel off. But then > logging in as glenda to start setting things up just didn't get far > enough to force in hwaccel off again. I got that far too. With IDE and SCSI, Venti seems to hang there. Did you use fossil+venti or just fossil? Had to manually screw up the monitor settings to get the opportunity to turn off hwaccel though. I wish this were a boot option in the install mode :-). Also aux/vmware doesn't work on Fusion. Dave