On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Bakul Shah > wrote: > On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:21:33 PDT "David Leimbach" > wrote: > > (format t "Hello, World!~%") > > > > basically gets "read" then compiled then executed right? (thinking REPL > > here) > > > > Right? At least that's how SBCL works based on my understanding. > > Well, it is not a read-eval-print-loop -- it is not > interactive or a loop and the code has to explicit print > something. But yes the expression does get read, compiled > and executed. SBCL is forked from CMUCL so they share most > of their behavior. right, I was just referring to REPL because obviously that S-expression is scripted in. It's not going through the standard REPL at all, but a sort of a variant of it. Perhaps just RE :-) Dave > > > [Aside: there seems to be a lag of about 15 minutes from my > sending an email to 9fans and getting it back] > >