On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Anthony Martin wrote: > > I now have a more-or-less unused MacBook. I'm > > considering spending some time trying to get Plan 9 > > working on it. Has anyone gotten beyond confirming > > that it won't work out of the box? > > I have Plan 9 booting on an Intel Macbook. When I was > first testing it out, there were problems with the > SATA driver but Erik fixed those and it works fine > now. The only change that you'll have to make is in > the keyboard initialization for both the kernel and > 9load. > Using boot camp I presume? So you have a BIOS. That or someone did EFI support under the radar (which might still be cool even though it sucks). > > Add the following at the beginning of these functions: > /sys/src/9/pc/kbd.c:/^kbdinit > /sys/src/boot/pc/kbd.c:/^i8042init > > + c = inb(Status); > + if(c & Rtimeout){ > + print("no keyboard present\n"); > + return; > + } > > Oh, and you're going to need to supply a plan9.ini > with sufficient parameters since you don't have > keyboard input until you can run usb/kb. > > If I get some time on Saturday, I'll post a write- > up on how to bootstrap the system using a spare > partition on the Mac. > > Also, I started an ethernet driver for the Yukon 2 > chip that's in the Macbook. I had to put it aside > for a while but I'm slowly getting back into it. > > Anthony > >